Lets add some fun to our baby’s meals this Easter!
We’ve teamed up with The Happy Kitchen Food Company to bring you these wonderful ideas;
Recipe 1 Easter Egg Biscuits
150 plain flour
50g caster sugar
Lemon curd or any jam you have 🙂
Icing sugar to decorate
Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar together, stir in the flour to get a smooth paste and place the mixture onto a floured surface.
- Roll out the dough and cut out 10 egg shaped biscuits. Take 5 biscuits and cut out a small hole at the bottom where the egg yolk would be.
- Place all of the biscuits on a greased baking tray and bake for 12 minutes, checking after 10 as the biscuits with the hole may cook more quickly.
- When the biscuits are cooked, cool and then sprinkle the biscuits with the hole with icing sugar, spread the other biscuits with lemon curd and sandwich the two together. You could also make separate biscuits and decorate with icing sugar if you don’t have any jam.
Recipe 2 Easter Egg Nests
1 hard-boiled egg
Grated carrot and salad vegetables of your choice
- Simply hard boil your egg by placing in a pan of boiling water for 8 minutes then peel and plunge into cold water.
- Slice your egg lengthways and pop into your bowl, make your nest with grated carrot and use the other vegetables to make a fun Easter scene.
We love serving this in a Doidy Bowl which means your little one can feed themselves by spooning the carrots against the high slanted lip.
You can buy Bickiepegs and Doidy products via our webshop here
Or instore at Asda, Boots, Sainsbury’s, Superdrug, Jojo Maman Bebe, John Lewis and at independent baby stores.